Tucson Education Association

"Promoting Excellence in Education"

Join Now! Pay Next Year!

Proposed Changes for the Consensus Agreement
Needs to be Ratified - Keep an eye out on your Email so you can Vote!
TUSD Consensus and "White Collar Food Service" Consensus

22 TEA Spring Membership(1).pdf
Spanish 22 TEA Spring Membership.pdf

Get updates right to you! Join our "Remind"!

Text 81010 (or download the "Remind" app). then in the "message" section, type " @TEAunion "

Update from Margaret Chaney - President

(May 11, 2022)


It is time to rejoice - for it is the end of a rather long year and our bargaining team has completed the financial portion of bargaining. These raises and the full compensation plan would not have happened without TEA members showing up, putting in the work at the bargaining table, and demanding to be heard with the School Board! Without further ado, here is what TEA members will recieve in compensation increases next year:

Certified Teachers (TDR A)

  • $500 step increase + $2,000 increase to base supplemental (301 fund) For a total of $2,500 permanent raise

  • $2,500 fall 2022 retention stipend + $2,500 spring 2023 retention stipend + $2,500 fall 2023 retention stipend. For a total of $7,500 in retention stipends

  • One time payout of remaining 301 funds *TEA will meet fall 2022 to determine avialable funds

Non-Classroom Teachers (TDR B)

  • $500 step increase + $500 increase to base salary. For a total of $1,000 permanent raises

  • $2,500 fall 2022 retention stipend + $2,500 spring 2023 retention stipend + $2,500 fall 2023 retention stipend. For a total of $7,500 in retention stipends

  • TEA is still negotiating to assure TDR B receive “loss of planning” for class coverage

Education Support Professionals (White Collar/ Food Services)

  • 1% step increase + 1% increase to base salary. For a total of 2% permanent raises

  • $2,500 fall 2022 retention stipend + $2,500 spring 2023 retention stipend + $2,500 fall 2023 retention stipend. For a total of $7,500 in retention stipends

  • District minimum wage raised to $13.50/ hour.

  • TA, Health Assistant, and Monitors starting rates will be adjusted to $15.05/ hour and ExEd TAs will be adjusted to $15.50. *TEA will continue to address additional job titles needing adjustments.

  • Decompression of wages: Salaries will be adjusted to make sure every ESP’s salary reflects at least 1% steps for every year of service in TUSD

OT/PT/SLP

  • 1% step increase + 1% increase to base salary. For a total of 2% permanent raises

  • $2,500 fall 2022 retention stipend + $2,500 spring 2023 retention stipend + $2,500 fall 2023 retention stipend. For a total of $7,500 in retention stipends

This is a huge step in the right direction, but our work will not be done until every TUSD employee recieves a thriving wage! You can help by sharing this news with your colleagues and reminding them that we need them to stand beside us as TEA members. Here's a flyer celebrating this win with a membership form to have a conversation with your colleagues about - there is no better time than now to join TEA.

Thank you, thank you, thank you for all of the people who joined us last night at the board meeting. The TUSD Board recognizes that we are a bargaining unit and partners in decision-making. This is not the case in some of our sister districts such as Flagstaff & Amphi!

Yes much of this is slow going and yet so much has happened that we can be proud of because, to quote a TUSD Board Member last night "we are a force to be reckoned with."

In Solidarity,
Margaret Chaney
TEA President

Stay Up-to-Date

Stay Up-to-Date

Why is TEA membership important?

Chris Kloth, a 3rd year teacher, gives his viewpoint.

WE ARE #REDFORED

Join us in our fight for quality public education in Arizona!

We are Tucson Education Association.

~*~

Please fill this out to let us know what YOU feel Safe Means, and what materials/protocols need to be in place.

Want to advocate for your district/site/students?

Submit a Call to the Audience for the next board meeting! Make sure to double check the guidelines on how to do so at http://govboard.tusd1.org/.

What schools does Tucson Education Association serve? Check out the interactive map below!